Saturday, January 23, 2016

Beautiful Prayers and Encouraging Words

We have been receiving several emails and messages with beautiful prayers and encouraging words.  We SO GREATLY APPRECIATE all of this!  It really DOES help!!  We want to remember these words so this post will be dedicated to all of those people's prayers and words of encouragement.  We may continue to add to it as days go by ... it's more for our benefit but words are powerful and may just positively impact a dear reader as well.

To all: Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost. Rom. 15:13 Love and prayers, Jerry and Rose


Thank you so much for including me in your beautiful but difficult journey. Be assured of my prayers and also the prayers of about 20 women (mothers and grandmas) who belong to our Scripture Group which meets every Wednesday morning. You and your family are definitely in our prayers.
Aunt Joan

Thank you for the update.. it sure helps that Molly and Brynn have gone thru this.. YOU  have more idea what is happening and not happening.. at leas t you hope so.. We are continuing to pray that God’s will be done.. and to remember that God IS good and knows the beginning and the ending.  Mary Ann


Thank you again, for the beautiful update. The good and gracious Lord is surely walking this journey with you. Our prayers accompany you as well.

Aunt Joan

Dear Lord,

I lift up Rees today asking that you strengthen his body and prepare his body for the upcoming surgery. 

Lord, I ask that you prepare each doctor and each assistant so that each one is refreshed and at his or her best when the surgery starts. Enable them to disregard any personal distractions and fully focus on brave little Rees. 

I pray for each one to be clear thinking and fully able to receive wisdom from you as the surgery is in progress. May each decision be correct and each procedure be accurate.

Lord, I am asking for your protection during the surgery. I pray for the outcome to be your very best. 

I also pray for protection and provision during the recovery period. I lift up prayer that his recovery is quick and his outcome is successful.

You are our Creator, and you are our Sustainer. 

I give you respect and honor this day.

In Jesus' name I pray,

Amen
Samara 


Darlene and I pray for you today that you may "call upon the Lord in the day of trouble and He will deliver you and you will glorify Him" (Ps. 50:15).

Peace and love in Christ Jesus our Lord, Mitch and Darlene. 

Please be assured that we are praying, praying, praying. We ask that the Holy Spirit will give us His wisdom as we intercede for all of you. "Likewise the Spirit also helps our infirmities; for we know not what we should pray for as we ought , but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And He that searched the hearts knows what is in the mind of the Spirit, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose." Rom. 8:26-28 With love and prayers, Jerry and Rose


Our women in our Scripture Group prayed very intentionally today for a successful surgery for Rees and for all your family. I am keeping them posted on your posts to me. My first thought is to say I'm sorry that things were so difficult the night before surgery and I can feel your exhaustion and frustration and that each of you in his/her own way is being tested to the max. However, at the same time I know as you do also, that Jesus the Healer and Comforter is in the midst of your tiredness, frustration and concern. He will sustain you. He knows how weak each of us is. He knows He has to hold us up when it all seems like "too much."
Even though you have experienced so much already with all the girls went through and even though you are people of faith, you have resources within you because you are God's creation, that you haven't even used yet. Keep calling upon them and as soon as you can, have a good,long sleep.

You are in our prayers each day.
Aunt Joan

Kimberly, my dear girl, I hear such pain and sadness in your words.  I know things have not been perfect with the boys
and that many difficult days may lay ahead.  But I also know that you are doing God’s will in caring for Jonah & 
Rees, and also Molly & Brynn.  He has promised to give you grace sufficient for the day.  And while some days you
may feel you’d like an extra helping of grace, He knows just what you need.  Give in to Him, cry unto Him and let Him
sustain you.  You must accept your weaknesses as well as your strengths.  You cannot be all things to all people and 
you cannot control everything.   He has greatly blessed you and given you great responsibilities, and He will strengthen you
and Brian going forward.    Make sure to take time each day for yourself to be quiet with God.  He needs to restore your energy and spirit.
I am praying for you and pray that Rees’s surgery is a success.
I am completely over my surgery now, so please don’t hesitate to ask if you need help with anything.  Even if it’s driving
one of the girls to a practice, etc.  I am here for you as best I can be.  Hang in there sweetie.

Love, Joyce

May God send his healing help for Rees,  and his strength for all of you.      Hugs,    Della 

Thank you Lord for blessing this boy with an amazing family.  Please bless him again.  Bless him with peaceful rest.  Bless him with a great medical team.  Bless him with an easy recovery.  Bless him with healing.  Bless him for your glory.  Amen. - Lisa

Thank you for the update and great photos!  So happy to hear that you experienced a positive and encouraging day.  While there may be some setbacks, we know that God will continue to guide, encourage and strengthen you all. 

We are continuing our prayers for a speedy recovery for Rees, and peaceful rest and strength for all. 

Now here is a great AWANA verse for you:  "For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us" - (but the verse continues with these inspired words) - "so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope." 

And one of my personal favorites:  "The Lord is my strength and shield, my heart trusts in Him and I am helped . . . " Psalm 28:7a

Blessings to all of you!

Janet


I was at Mass today and praying for you and lo and behold, the Psalm proclaimed today was Psalm 34,

                    From all their distress God rescues the just.
                        Glorify the Lord with me,
                            let us together extol his name.
                        I sought the Lord and he answered me
                            and delivered me from all my fears.
                        Look to him that you may be radiant with joy,
                            and your faces may not blush with shame.
                        When the poor one called out, the Lord heard.
                            and from all his distress he saved him.
                        The Lord has eyes for the just,
                            and ears for their cry.
                        When the just cry out, the Lord hears them,
                            and from all their distress he rescues them.
                        The Lord is close to the brokenhearted;
                            and those who are crushed in spirit he saves.

It's so beautiful and powerful:  "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; and those who are crushed in spirit he saves."  You know he is with you.

Love,
Aunt Joan 
                    
Your email sounds exactly how anyone going through the emotional, psychological and physical suffering you are going through should sound if a person is being upfront about honest. You're in a bad state and who wouldn't be? But I would only urge you to keep on praying. God is present. God hears. God loves. I think the thing about prayer for most of us is that we pray that things will turn out the way we want them to turn out and, of course, that is never the way of doubt and suffering. We generally want what we want when we want it. But the truth is God's way is often not a bit like our way, not to punish us, but to make us go deeper into trusting Him especially when trusting seems foolish.
Since we are all made up of body and soul and not just soul, the physical toll often makes even our best intentions fall short but since Jesus was body and soul, He understands that all too well and sometimes all we can offer Him is our sense of our own failings. Faith is made stronger in weakness.
I am certain that you will continue to pray and I am certain that the rest of us will only prayer more intentionally and constantly knowing that you and Brian are on a very difficult road indeed. Even Jesus needed help carrying His cross.
Love,
Aunt Joan

I am so glad you are getting strong again. Strong enough to write this. A long time ago, someone told me that God would never give me more then I could handle. And that goes for you too. Carry on my dear. Your doing a great job. Love Mom

My heart truly goes out to you. Your whole family is going through a lot right now. 
I WILL continue to pray for all of you.

(Do not feel pressure to update the blog. Do so
only when you feel that you have the extra energy.)

Prayer For Strength in a Song

O Strength and Stay (John Bacchus Dykes; Ambrose of Milan)

O Strength and Stay upholding all creation,
Who ever dost Thyself unmoved abide;
Yet day by day the light in due gradation
From hour to hour through all its changes guide.

Grant to life’s day a calm unclouded ending,
An eve untouched by shadows of decay,
The brightness of a holy deathbed blending
With dawning glories of the eternal day.

Hear us, O Father, gracious and forgiving,
Through Jesus Christ Thy co-eternal Word,
Who, with the Holy Ghost, by all things living
Now and to endless ages art adored.

Praying God will put His hedge of protection around Rees and that He will sustain. comfort all of you.Love and prayers, Jerry and Rose

The Lord bless and keep you,
Grant you courage and strengthen you.
The Lord be gracious to you,
The Lord give you His peace.

Mitch & Darlene

Hi Kimberly - I've been following your blog, but haven't commented before...(I think I haven't). But, I've wanted to on every post. Hopefully, prayers count! I feel so sad for your sweet son and yet I'm so inspired by how he's handling his surgery. I'm sure that there's things going on "behind the scene", but he sure keeps a smile for his Mama's camera. Know that a Sister in Christ is praying for Rees and for all of your family. You all inspire and encourage my Faith in Him!
Hugs from Minnesota - Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment