Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Well, here it is … 12 hours away from boarding a plane that will take us to the country where half of my children were born.  It’s so hard waiting … yet, when the moment is practically upon me, I am amazed at how quickly it arrived.  From the moment I realized that God INDEED was willing for another adoption for our family, the process was on the ‘fast-track’ and nearly every door was wide open for us to go through.

I had always wanted to return to China.  After we adopted Brynn and we believed our family was ‘complete’, I still wanted to return to China.  It was important to me to stay connected to my daughters’ heritage, to keep open the possibility for them to understand and experience their origins when they were able to remember and reflect.  But honestly, as time went by, I did not think that we really would go back to China.  Coming to that point was strange and unexpected, abrupt almost … and even disappointing.  But I came to accept it.

WOW!  From that moment to now … it completely baffles me!  From a fully blended family of SEVEN, accepting and content with the course of life … to being on the brink of being a FAMILY OF NINE (which is my favorite number) with heritage, culture and reunion on the side … it is absolutely overwhelming and nearly UNBELIEVABLE!!  How can it be that we should be SO BLESSED?   

I am excited by the excellent adventure that the LORD has allowed for us to be on … yet, also …

… i am afraid of the unknown

… i am anxious not to disappoint

… i am tired at the thought of such increased responsibility

… i am humbled by how little i am in control

But i am HIS and He is the Great I AM!!  And in HIS I AM, i am confident.strong.brave.secure.strengthened.calm.assured.

Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid.  For the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. ~ Joshua 1:9

God did not give us a spirit of fear but of power and love and self-control. ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

So do not fear, for I am with you;
Do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and  help you;

I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. ~ Isaiah 41:10

THANK-YOU to so many of you who helped to make it possible for us to make it this far!!  Even this very evening we were blessed, yet again, by a special someone wanting to support our efforts.  We are so grateful for ALL the support from SO MANY!!  

Our first stop on this crazy adventure ... BEIJING, capitol of China!!  

Please PRAY for our travels and for good travelers (for each of us).   We will keep you posted ... many blessings to you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment