Monday, February 6, 2017

So much happens in so little time around here, so, of course, this means I have several things to update on.  We have tried to maintain some normalcy around all of the issues we continue to have with Rees.  It is a challenge but we try for the benefit of the other children.  

Jonah continues to do great after his surgery.  He had the last weekend to recover and was able to go to school on Monday.  His birthday was the day of his surgery so we had to wait a couple days to celebrate with him.  He didn't seem to mind.


He picked out his birthday cake and he was quite excited to eat it.



He likes his new "Paw Patrol-Marshall" pajamas!


Then this little cutie's birthday was this past Friday.  
Isn't she adorable??
If only they could stay this small - this was eight years ago.  


We had a very special surprise for Brynn.  Her baba took her to the Daddy/Daughter Dance that happened to actually fall on her birthday.  We surprised her with a hair appointment so she could get all jazzed up!


She was very excited to get her hair done!




So pretty!


Her Baba gave her flowers and candy before they left for their date ...



I just love this photo ... it is so sweet!!




The next night we celebrated Brynn a little more ... but with all of us at home.  She chose homemade Mac and Cheese for her dinner choice.  
Ahhh ... the simplicity of children.


And then we had ice cream cake ... it was really nice!




Now to update on Rees ... well, he continues to struggle since having his lumbar shunt removed.  It is not every day but it has been several times a week that he has headache with vomiting or just random vomiting.  THIS. IS. GETTING. OLD!!!  Oops!  Did I type that out loud?  

Yes, I'm trying to remain witty ... and hopeful ... but, to be honest, ... which I usually am ... I really am bordering "throwing in the towel".  But I continue to do what I can ... and I continue to pray for God to do what only He can do ... 

And I continue to read His Word and cling to verses like - 

Be Brave.  Be Strong.  Don't give up.  Expect God to get here soon. - Psalm 31:24 (MSG)

I know what I am planning for you,” says the Lord. “I have good plans for you, not plans to hurt you. I will give you hope and a good future. - Jeremiah 29:11 (NCV)













No comments:

Post a Comment