Tuesday, January 24, 2017

So, here is a little update on Rees and Jonah.   Rees was admitted at Children's after his appointment this afternoon.   They have now temporarily cancelled the surgery that was planned for Thursday.  Craniofacial surgeon does not want to open him up if he has a CSF leak.  And since we are not sure what is causing these episodes of vomiting for sure yet, we need to wait.  Neurosurgery is giving him IV fluids and also ordered another MRI.  He is currently laying flat and not being given any food or water.  Baba is with him tonight and hopefully we'll know more tomorrow.

Jonah is still scheduled for surgery on Thursday for a flap revision and some sort of injection into the scars that resulted after the mandibular distraction.  The latter is knew to me so can't say much about it at the moment.

If there are any of my friends out there, especially those with craniofacial kids, and if any of you have ever heard of or know about doctors experienced with hamartomas, please let me know.

Thank you all for your prayers.  Was there for a long time today and heard a Code Blue called on one of the surgical floors.  Despite my frustration and weariness from time to time, I know it could be worse ... and for some, it is.  I am thankful for my blessings and my thoughts and prayers go to those families whose struggles are greater than mine.

1 comment:

  1. Your post on 1/22 sounded so weary. I prayed so hard for all of you. Wishing I could help in some small way. Your family is so strong, faith filled and convicted. I admire you. When I feel fatigued or exhausted lately I think of you and it pushes me on a bit. My worries are so small. I hope and pray the doctors have some answers soon and best wishes to Jonah too.

    ReplyDelete