Saturday, May 21, 2016



First of all, isn't that a cool photo??  It's pretty rare that I have all my dumplings in the same spot at the same time so I QUICK took the opportunity to snap a photo and I used a photo editing app to make it look like that.  All new to me ... so thought it was pretty cool!

So, I realize that it has been a while since I updated.  Truly sorry about that ... while things have settled down a bit on the medical front for Jonah and Rees, we remain exceedingly busy.  

Both boys are scheduled for their next surgeries.  Jonah will have surgery on June 23 to remove his jaw distractors and also to lengthen his palate, which should help him to improve his speech.  We continue to see the surgeon bi-weekly, the Orthdontist weekly and now we will add Speech Therapy to our schedule beginning in a couple weeks.   We have quite the routine with cleaning his appliances (distractors and orthodonic), turning his expander, and changing his bands (we're up to four now) twice a day.  We're really supposed to do it three times a day, but that is just not possible. Jonah continues to have night terrors, however, they are A LOT milder now and don't seem to last as long.  This mama has had improved sleep ... thank-you, Jesus!

Our little man, Rees, is scheduled for surgery on July 7.  This makes us slightly nervous, simply because of everything we've gone through with him.  The plan, as we know it right now, is to reposition the nasal bone, the one that's been hanging out on the side of his skull.  They also plan to remove what's left of the hamatoma and evaluate if it's continuing to grow.  In that process, the surgeon will revise the appearance of Rees' nose and remove the scar tissue from that nasty-self-evolving-long-enduring-pit of a wound he had.  

They are two excellent helpers!!!

In the meantime, we have been super busy but have tried to have a moment for refreshing here and there ... we were in Janesville and enjoyed a meal at the very tasty Hacienda Real.    


I just love this photo ... Brynn and Rees were a bit puzzled by Molly's menu-reading technique.


It was a nice break and the food was delicious!



Earlier this week we got to see Molly inducted into the National Junior Honor Society.  



It was pretty exciting for her that her two best friends were inducted as well ... 


And lastly, over the last month, my mother's health has declined and I share this because I know that so many of you have prayed for us ... during the adoption process for Jonah and Rees ... for both of them during their surgeries and healing process ... for our family to endure ...
... and I know that many of you continue to pray for us and will pray for this situation as well.

It has been very difficult on many levels ... 

... but we've had a little more family time.  Here's Jonah and Rees with Grandpa.

Even though I feel like there have been SO MANY hard things in my life lately, I CAN feel His presence.  It may not be overwhelmingly strong at every moment and I do continually seek and ask for a Mighty Revealing of the LORD's Power ...
... but I know He's there
... and I've had the strength that I have prayed for (again, not overwhelmingly, but enough)
... and I have a peace in knowing that things may not go the way I want them to but I will still be held in the loving arms of my Creator.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely update! All the best to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete