Sunday, November 12, 2017

The Adoptiversary!!

We've just celebrated the 2nd Adoptiversary of Jonah and Rees!

What a difference in SO MANY WAYS! 

Two years ... it's such a short amount of time and yet, it seems like's it been longer than that, especially since SO MUCH has happened since these dumplings joined our family.
Jonah and Rees have grown SO MUCH and have gone through SO MANY changes, physically, emotionally, and intellectually!  The transformation is nothing short of amazing!

It's been a wild, crazy ride, one that I have admittedly wanted off of a time a two ... But undoubtedly an adventure orchestrated by God and I thank HIM that He's kept me in my seat!


So, we watched a movie and they chose Penguins of Madagascar.  Not what I would have picked ... LOL! ... but I was just thankful for the comfy-family-bonding time *and to get off my feet*!  The best line of the movie, (that I'm going to try hard to remember so I could use it on one of my dumplings - I just know the opportunity will arise) ... "Whoa! Down-back the moxy, sas-mouth!"
Gah!!  I love it!!


Rees has just been diagnosed with Von Willebrand's disease, a blood disorder that affects how the blood clots.  This is likely the culprit for all the issues with excessive blood loss during his surgeries.  So, we were at the hospital the other day testing out a medicine that can be given prior to surgeries to help his blood adhesion and clotting factors.  We had to get stuck twice ... *OUCH* ... (and when I say "we", of course I mean HE). But, hey, it's hard on mama too.
All was well when he was brought food, toys, and the remote for the television!  The best thing to Rees about going to the hospital is getting to watch nearly unlimited Disney Jr. and Nickelodeon Jr. Stations and playing on the iPads.  



The medicine was administered intravenously, and then at the one hour and two hour marks after the medication was in his system, blood was drawn so his factor levels could be evaluated.   Now we wait ... for about a week, until the results come back.  Hopefully, the results will show that he responded appropriately to the medicine.  If he does, this medication will be administered prior to surgeries to prevent all the bleeding issues.

Never a dull moment ... that's for sure!  But we are thankful for the answer to this problem and hopeful for the solution ... God is good and Rees is doing well with all of his healing and growing these last few months.  

Always something to be thankful for ...

No comments:

Post a Comment